Position: 6-month contract with possibility of extension
Location: Kitimat, BC
Our client is seeking a HSE Advisor to play an integral role in Operational Readiness and Restart (ORR) team at the smelter in Kitimat, BC.
The role is a great opportunity for a safety-oriented and inspired leader to make a positive contribution to the site safety and team member well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participating in and facilitating process safety activities such as HAZOP studies, PSSR’s/HIGO’s, and fatal flaws identification
* Active in the field conducting inspections and coaching individuals on the floor from the operations, maintenance, and asset management teams
* Support the implementation of Risk Reduction activities for BC Works. Using good interpersonal skills to coach Coordinators, Supervisors in the use of risk management tools (such as Management of Change, Risk Assessment, Leadership in Action, and Safety Interactions).
* Where appropriate, review safety exposure when changes in practice, equipment, or process are introduced.
o Use available resources such as regulatory agency websites and safety forums to identify good practice and compare to existing site practice.
o Recommend and assist with the implementation of best practices from area of responsibility to the rest of site.
* Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and company policies and standards.
* Monitor incident trends and identify opportunities to improve. Facilitate incident investigations for high and critical incidents using root cause analysis methods (such as Essential Factor) to ensure effective sustainable controls are put in place to prevent re-occurrence.
* Provide technical expertise and support to the site sponsors of the safety standards to ensure compliance and assist with the preparation and planning for HS&E audits (both internal and external).
* Coach line management on implementation of Corporate safety initiatives (Take 5, safety interactions, CRM, SPI/PFI lessons learned, cascaded coaching) to ensure critical lessons are learned.
* Play a key role in building a culture of interdependence
* A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
* Experience in commissioning and start-up activities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, very strong interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution skills
* Experience supporting and conducting internal audits.
* Experience supporting incident investigations using a root cause analysis methodology (such as Essential Factor) would be an asset.
* CRSP or CSP is an asset
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance