Location: Houston, TX 77041
We are recruiting for a client in the Oil & Gas Industry. This position involves working collaboratively with The Americas team and across all functions. The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing proactive, pragmatic, risk based advice and support, leading the implementation of fit-for-purpose HR systems, policies and processes, ensuring compliance and completion of all HR activities across the employee and business lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building strong relationships to understand our team and our business to proactively advise and guide the Americas region on all people related issues including recruitment, employee training and development, performance management, reward and recognition and operational activity
- Knowing and advising the local and group business on market conditions and proactively proposing actions to ensure the people related requirements of the Americas business are satisfied
- Utilizing the Group HR system to lead the recruitment process including advertising, pipelining potential candidates, reviewing, and replying to applicants, arranging interviews and supporting hiring Managers in interviews
- Administer pre-employment reference, background checks and drugs and alcohol screening processes
- Manage onboarding process for all new starts in the region, including business induction, buddy assigned, and new team members are embedded into the business
- Administration of Benefit Schemes
- Proactive support to managers by coaching on people issues and developing solutions which support the business and encourage a high-performing culture
- Maintaining HR tools and systems to ensure the compliant storage and management of data and the proactive utilization of data in our decision making and planning.
- Lead the probationary review process, supporting Managers during meetings as required.
- Working with local management to proactively assess and plan for changing business needs, including organizational design, job roles and benchmarking packages
- Preparing and supporting at interviews
- Responsible for all operational HR administrative processes including recruitment, payroll updates and reports, collation of data and reporting
- Provide HR support to the Group HR Manager as required for HR projects as well as actions affected The Americas region including consultation and organizational change, as required
- Working closely with managers to proactively identify and develop talent as well as leasing compliance with local training and competence requirements
- Absence Management: recording of absences, collation of medical certificates, following up with line managers and escalating in cases for concern as well as arranging Occupational Health Medicals and co-ordinate health surveillance as required in order to ensure employees are supported and business needs satisfied
- Proactively advise the business on changes required including to policies, procedures and following legislative change to ensure Coretrax’s position as an employer of choice.
- Identifying HR business needs and working with the Group HR Manager to develop initiatives for the region
Experience and Qualifications:
Proven ability to quickly establish and develop strong working relationships
Evidence of knowledge of employment law, in particular Texas employment law, and HR best practices
Able to influence in challenging situations as well as advise and guide employees and managers on HR best practice to maximise employee experience and manage risk
Experience of writing or developing policies and processes
Ability to work in a problem-solving environment with a strong ability to make informed decisions
Excellent administration skills with attention to detail
Excellent time management and prioritisation
Experienced with employee development programs
Demonstrable experience building an engaged team and embedding corporate values
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance