- Reporting to the project US Health & Safety Manager and working as a member of the Project Health & Safety Team, this position will provide support and guidance to the US Project Team to help ensure that project safety requirements are understood and implemented. This will include interfacing with Contractors and leading a team of field safety inspectors who will support the implementation and monitoring of project safety requirements at project work sites.
- The position is a field-based role along the Project footprint (specific location TBD).
- Provide active Leadership to ensure corporate and project policies, practices and procedures are followed with the additional focus of leveraging best practices across the Project
- Provide direction and support to a team of Health and Safety Inspectors
- Regularly collaborate with Project Team members based throughout the US
- Regularly travel to project worksites to participate in site safety meetings
- Maintain communication with the Prime Contractor’s safety professional
- Maintain high standards of documentation, record keeping and timely reporting
- Continually monitor, trend and analyze safety performance data or systemic issues that may require follow-up
- Review project proposals and contractor health & safety plans to ensure that project health & safety requirements are effectively communicated and implemented Support reporting on weekly and monthly summary reports to the Project Safety Manager
- Support, and when requested lead, initiatives aimed at improving the safety culture within the Project Team
- Work closely with the Project Health & Safety Team to ensure the Project’s reporting processes are aligned and executed
- Ensure that Site Safety Inspectors are made aware of any requests for information from contractors or the Project Team for their site
- Support the Project Health & Safety Team to ensure all Near Hits and Incidents are entered the EHSM system and classified in accordance with project’s Incident Management Classification Guide
- Other tasks as required.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to solve problems and multi-task
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Proven team player with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Innovative individual with a pro-active, analytical approach to problem identification and resolution
- Strong computer skills
- Thorough understanding of safety management activities for large scale projects
- Significant experience with OSHA requirements related to construction, prime contractor management and occupational health is preferred
- Experience working within a unionized workplace would be considered an asset.
- Comfort in working in the field as this is a field position in Montana and/or South Dakota
- Must have pipeline and facilities experience (pumps, compressors)
- College or university level education in Occupational Health, Safety and/or Risk Management, with 10 or more years of relevant experience on large scale projects
- Professional designation in Occupational Health, Safety and/or Risk Management from an accredited body (e.g. BCSP)
- *This position may require travel across borders and as such the candidate must be able to provide applicable documentation to this effect.