On behalf of our client, we require an experienced Health and Safety Superintendent for a site based (FIFO) role in the WA Pilbara region on an 8/6 roster. This position is a fixed term contract role.
The successful candidate will support the development,implementation and maintenance of our client's Health & Safety Management System. This role supports project, commissioning, operations teams and contractors and will be responsible for supporting contractor management, and the site leadership team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the site Health & Safety, Medical and Emergency Response personnel
- Assist with development and lead implementation and maintenance of our client's Health & Safety Management System
- Liaise with the Site Leadership team to plan and schedule key task and objectives to be met
- Ensure Audits and Inspections are completed of all work areas are per the client's and legislative requirements
- Ensure risk assessments are current and accurately as per scope of work, communicate risk findings to key stakeholders.
- Facilitate incident investigations, report findings, assign action items, and report on and review action items
- Support the Health and Safety Specialist with injury management process.
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Tertiary Education in Safety related field of study (Diploma. OHS Minimum)
- Experience in mining operations, infrastructure or project environments with proven experience working at remote site location
- Strong understanding of Work Health and Safety Acts, Regulations, Standards, Codes and Guidelines for Western Australia
- Lead Auditor Qualifications and experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Highly skilled in incident investigation and reporting (ICAM preferred)
- Surface ventilation officer (Desirable)
- High proficiency with Microsoft office (Knowledge in Visio is desirable) and experience in operating Safety Management Software (INX preferred)
- WA Manual Driver's License (C Class)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)