The Manager of Health and Safety will work with Senior Management and have responsibility for the ongoing development, the systematic monitoring and the evaluation of the company's quality and HSE programs to ensure continual improvement and standards are being met within the company and across Canadian and USA governing bodies. The Safety Manager is responsible for the organization and execution of corrective and preventative safety activities with the overall objection to drive an incident free workplace and return our employees home safe each day.
- Responsible for ongoing development, deployment and maintenance of the Occupational Health and Safety Program. (OH&S)
- Facilitate the implementation of the OH&S Program throughout Canada and the USA, working with the Senior Safety Team and site managers to ensure ongoing improvement of business processes.
- Build and foster professional and employee focused relationships to influence, identify and develop safety process improvement that will support the business.
- Lead and/or participate in HSE regional/global and/or cross-functional programs, projects, initiatives & campaigns.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Safety Team and support the Safety Ambassadors at each location.
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits in conjunction with the JOHSC Committee
- Review and provide feedback on incident investigation reports, to ensure root cause determination and corrective completion, accountability and management ownership to drive effective change plus mitigation of future risk.
- Develop and maintain standards for operational safety documentation.
- Foster a Health & Safety culture through regular operational support, including but not limited to program/project development, deployment, communication, training, field/remote support & coaching.
- Assist with business in all regions of Canada and the USA as requested by the Executive Team
- Travel required across our Nursery and Administrations locations.
- Produce site visit reports and recommendations for improvement
- Establishes, leads and demonstrates "One Right Way"
- Consistently strives to meet or exceed prescribed targets (i.e. safety, operational efficiency, schedule)
- Creates and maintains a safety matrix and database to support all necessary safety training outlined by the client and OHSA standards
- Manages workers compensation claims and aims to reduce costs by working closely with insurance carriers and state authorities in addition to this client's supervisors and managers
- Managers all claims from accident report to return of worker for modified duty and claim closure
- Maintains accurate OSHA 300 log
- Develops and implements audit programs to review and assure compliance with applicable health and safety standards
- Builds and maintains the Safety Management System (SMS) database and report on; nonconformance, environmental spills, work observations, compliance obligations, root cause analysis, near misses, training management, audit management and incident management
- Degree/Diploma in HSE or related field preferred, Safety certification(s) will be considered
- Minimum 5 years' experience with coordinating and/or managing a safety program for a medium to large employer
- Experience with regulatory agencies across multi-jurisdictions
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian and US Health and Safety Regulations and legislation.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to lead, develop and engage with senior leaders.
- Strong written, verbal & presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative
- Strong proven problem solving, analytical and reporting skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multi-task effectively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software packages and database systems.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have access to an automobile for business
- This job has specific physical demands including the ability to lift light to medium weight objects
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance