Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Group Manager - Cost Estimating to join their client's Surrey project team permanently.
This role offers a flexible hybrid working model with time spent in the client's Surrey office balanced with home working.
- Corporately manages their respective department.
- Recruits and develops staff personnel and also recruits Contractors to deliver across a portfolio of Pre-FEED, FEED, and Detailed Design projects.
- Hands-on managing estimates and chargeable across projects.
- Takes leadership in client engagement and key meetings about planning and discussing Estimates.
- Develops tools and systems to support excellent delivery of estimates.
- The Cost Estimating Group Manager is accountable to the Engineering Director and the Managing Director who is typically a sponsor on key projects.
- Allocate appropriate manpower for the preparation of proposals/ concept studies, FEED, and detailed engineering on projects. Maximise billable hours.
- Continuously evaluate manpower and competency requirements; ensure RESOURCING TOOL is kept up to date; develop manpower plans, charts, and schedules. Recommend, assign, and allocate manpower for the execution of estimating activities within the budgeted project man-hours.
- Decide recruitment requirements in support of department activities; participate in the screening of applicants, interviewing, selection, and hiring of candidates by company procedures and approval processes.
- Direct the activities of department performance evaluations. Establish clear work standards and ensure performance objectives are met.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for promotions, salary increases, transfers, and terminations.
- Determine training and development requirements within the department; confer with supervisory-level personnel in the identification of skill gaps and training needs. Mentor and motivate department staff.
- Assess, identify, and develop technical tools, and conduct presentations and seminars to update and improve the quality of work.
- Consult with quality assurance on any issues relating to compliance with the client's QMS, project quality plan, and design integrity processes and procedures. Coordinate internal and client audit requests.
- Comply with client-accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
- Hold regular departmental meetings and maintain corporate communication with department members.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals including execution statements, man-hour cost estimates, and client clarifications.
- Manages the overall activities of the department, accountable for overall discipline-related activities for the successful completion of proposals and/or projects within the allotted schedule, quality, man-hour, and costs. Accountable for the entire department budget.
Decision Making Authority
- Makes decisions on recruitment issues and mobilisation/ demobilisation of personnel with approval from the Engineering Director.
- Typically supervises a department of 3 to 10 personnel.
Physical Effort and Work Environment
- Duties essentially performed in Main offices. Time spent in supervision, planning, coordination, attending meetings, and maintaining contacts. May be required to travel to other client's offices, and vendor offices and attend site visits as necessary, by corporate or project requirements.
- Our team will be expected to be in the office nominally 3 days a week to help build that positive team culture.
- Honours degree/ Diploma in engineering.
- Significant related Cost Estimating experience in Concept, FEED, and Detailed Design CAPEX and OPEX estimates working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry, utilities, and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition industry.
- Previous experience in a management position.