Energy Resourcing are recruiting for a Geomatics Operations Project Surveyor with our oil and gas operator client, for a 12 month contract position based in their Aberdeen office. This position can also be considered to be remote.
To manage the planning, execution, evaluation and continuous improvement of offshore Geomatics Operations survey services provided to a varied range of customers across the UK. The position will report to the Geomatics Manager UK and will be based in Aberdeen, UK and a part of the wider Subsurface Excellence UPV/S Geomatics Group. The role will be to ensure customer requirements are met and customer risks are managed, with special emphasis on HSSE, asset and information integrity, and ensuring that the customer realizes the full potential and value of Geomatics. More specifically, to plan, coordinate, and manage rig positioning activities, engineering, decommissioning and construction survey support activities, geophysical seabed surveys, geotechnical surveys, subsea positioning activities and general positioning support as required.
- Technical assurance in line with UPPT-18 Manage Geomatics process
- Planning, execution and supervision of offshore survey and positioning projects
- Planning, execution and supervision of offshore seabed survey, geophysical, geotechnical and environmental survey projects
- Contracting and procurement of survey and positioning services
- Management of HSSE in survey and positioning operations. Accountable for delivering Geomatics Operations under his/her control at Goal Zero
- Resourcing and supervision of consultants and survey representatives involved in Geomatics operations;
- Implementation of industry and work processes, standards, tools, and best practices in Geomatics Operations
- Defining and building effective interfaces between Geomatics and other workflows
- Managing allocated budget and delivering all associated fiscal targets and KPI's. Accountable for applying effective project management controls
- Lead After Action Review meetings, and take learnings forward for other Geomatics Operations projects
- Ensuring the geodetic integrity of existing and newly acquired survey information. Accountable for zero geo-integrity incidents with Geomatics Operations
- Ensure seamless data flow from Operations to Geo-Information
- Drive increasingly acceptable HSSE awareness, behaviours and performance through, training, past experiences, appropriate planning, auditing and inspections of contractors' work areas and equipment.
- Lead HEMP, HAZID, and HAZOP, and similar exercises, and ensure learnings are incorporated in future project plans.
- Lead HSSE incident investigation and close outs for projects under his/her control.
- Represent to governmental authorities, partners, and contractors as an authority regarding survey issues both technical and regulatory.
- Foster improvements and anticipate necessary changes in Geomatics Operations workflows through knowledge sharing, global collaboration networks, applied learnings and technology deployment to enable project delivery, for multiple geographical and subject matter areas.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors degree (BSc) or Masters degree (MSc) in a directly-related Geomatics Engineering, Geodesy, Hydrographic, Land Survey or related geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University
- Relevant Offshore Geomatics Operations experience, in the Oil and Gas and/or renewables business
- Skilled in contract negotiation and Contractor management, managing contractor performance and quality assurance. HSSE&SP management systems and processes
- Extensive recent operational experience of surveying and positioning methods, topographic surveys, engineering project support and geophysical surveys and with a strong geodetic background. In depth understanding of the breadth of Geomatics activities across all subject matter areas, and their application to the E&P business (including remote sensing, mapping standards, and Geo-Information Management strategy). Sound understanding of the breadth of Geomatics activities across all subject matter areas, and their application to the E&P business. Knowledge of developing contract execution and contractor assurance plans. Knowledge of project framing, and information management and security processes.