General Ledger Accountant
Are you a dedicated, highly motivated accountant with a track record of successfully overseeing general ledger (GL) accounting in a dynamic work environment? Do you thrive on working in a start- up environment where you can implement process and accounting best practices? If so, we want to hear from you! This is an exciting career growth opportunity based in our clients Calgary office. They need your positive energy and accounting talents to make a mark on their global growth. Join them as they journey to connect energy-intensive assets all over the world.
Our client is one of Canada’s fastest growing tech companies and they need a systematic and hyper-organized accountant who excels in a nimble and results-driven environment. With this client there is opportunity around every corner, change is embraced rather than feared, and progress over perfection is the pathway to getting things done.
- Create/post journal entries and intercompany transactions
- Reconcile key GL accounts, including banks
- Prepare GST, PST and various US state tax filings
- Arrange working papers for quarterly review, CRN
- Complete variance analysis for our Controller
- Direct accounts receivable billings
- Support month-end and year-end tasks
- Complete ad hoc and special projects as required by management
- Detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, controls, and technology
- Time management skills and deadline focused
- Works independently
- 5+ years of related accounting expertise in full-cycle accounting environment
- Strong MS Office expertise with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- NetSuite and/or Oracle DBS
You are analytical and have a winning teamwork attitude. As a self-starter, you multitask and adapt to changing priorities. You are creative in problem-solving and excel in a dynamic work environment. Overall, you navigate and act inclusively and collaboratively in an organization that brings together many different perspectives and skill sets from all over the world.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance