General Ledger Accountant/Analyst
Position: Full Time, 6-11-month contract
We are recruiting for a client in the oil & gas industry. This position preparing journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day accounting support to two Joint Ventures.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Conduct Oracle and Hyperion month-end closing tasks such as modifying entries, reconciliation of accounts and solving intercompany mismatches.
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise.
- Analyze Balance sheet risks of Latin America with Finance Director and present to management during month end meeting.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ significant financial experience, majority of this in role as an Accountant.
- Communicates and operates effectively between Location, Region and Corporate demonstrating cross organizational collaboration to achieve the correct balance between differing reporting requirements
- Works effectively in a global, multi-cultural team in a remote/virtual environment.
- Expert technical and analytical accounting skills, specifically in the areas of financial modelling and reporting.
- Must have either public practice or publicly traded company experience – both would be preferable.
- Exposure to Professional Services Business Model advantageous
- Diploma in Accounting or 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Professional Accounting designation
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiar with large and complex ERP environments, specifically Oracle.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance