Our client is seeking an experienced ‘FPSO Commissioning Engineer_Rotating Equipment‘ to work in Korea.
- Location: SHI, Geoje, South Korea
- Start: As soon as work visa is obtained.
- End: Dec 2022
- Note: Potential for carry over to offshore India after July 2022. Our client is looking for someone with production experience (operations type background, machinery, operations phase, may have been engineers at some point). Operations meaning operating an FPSO. Operating all equipment not just rotating equipment.
- Responsible to execute all phases of the management for the rotating machinery commissioning process
- Manage the overall schedule for development and implementation of rotating equipment commissioning within the project schedule to ensure that sufficient resources are allotted to each team to complete their activities per the schedule
- Assign tasks to commissioning resources in a clear and organized fashion (with well-defined scope and expectations, eliminating duplication of effort and planning activities in required sequence)
- Ensures the commissioning team have information as to current revisions of drawings, specifications, design documents, as required to perform commissioning
- Notify Commissioning Manager of items that could impact schedule and implement corrective action, as required
- Accountable for all rotating equipment commissioning testing to ensure that progress sheets are being completed and filed correctly on a daily basis
- Ensures the commissioning team adheres to Company established commission guidelines, protocol and documentation package requirements
- Interface and communicate with Project Team and Construction Management expectations for mechanical completion regarding documentation requirements, punch list items, and timely completion of construction work
- Execution of the commissioning turnover processes and interface with the Operations team
- Ensure all of the commissioning testing activities are documented and understood by all team members
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety–safe working practices for the position
- Experience with single and multistage centrifugal and positive displacement pump packages, single and multistage centrifugal and reciprocating compressor packages, pump and compressor auxiliary systems, centrifugal and positive displacement fans and blowers, gas turbines, diesel and gas engines
- Practical, field-oriented and proactive approach for issue resolution
- Ability to manage the contractual requirements along with knowledge of the relevant codes and standards
- Mechanical and systems completion experience in Korean fab yards including FPSO start-up experience at offshore location
- Ability to review systems completion software input / output to identify discrepancies and problematic areas requiring management attention to meet schedule
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A recognized engineering degree
- 10-15 years of rotating equipment commissioning experience in the oil & gas environment with a focus on FPSO or floating production units
- Offshore FPSO hook-up and commissioning experience required
- Strong interpersonal and excellent English language communication skills are required
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work to achieve them
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of oil & gas
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential