Foundations Installation Engineer
12 Month Contract G25AD
Primat Recruitment have an opening for a Foundations Installation Engineer to join one of the world leaders within renewable energy, for a 12 month contract based in Glasglow.
The Installation Engineer will work for a multidisciplinary team, providing ad-hoc support on technical, commercial and planning aspects of the Saint Brieuc OWF Project. The purpose of the service is to ensure full compliance with technical, quality and health and safety aspects of the foundation transport and installation works.
* Responsible for specific sub-work package as defined by Package Manager.
* Review method statements and risk assessments and produce comments sheets.
* Review engineering calculations (in general) and identify issues / risks to the Project.
* Provide input to the risk and programme analysis.
* Respond to technical queries or interface with other packages/Contractors to resolve queries.
* Prepare tender documents for sub-work packages as defined by Package Manager;
* Evaluate tender offers and prepare technical and commercial evaluations.
* Promote a strong, clear and positive health and safety culture.
* Implement the Client installation management procedures and ensure compliance with marine, lifting
and simultaneous operations.
* Time to time attendance to meetings, and participation in the required discussions, at the project
offices, as well as at the Contractors and Site offices.
* Time to time presence offshore on installation vessel to supervise offshore works.
* Coordination with the relevant department(s) for assurances, use, compliance and production of
company standards, knowledge transfer, line management,
* Production of regular reports.
Qualification, Certification & Training
* Degree qualified in an engineering subject.
* Knowledge of Offshore Wind Structures Transport and Installation Process.
* Experience in Jacket Foundation Transport & Installation and Grouting is Required.
* Experience in Offshore Heavy Lift Operations and Marine Operations Required
* Experience on Pile Socket Drilling and Subsea Drilling equipment is desirable.
* Highly developed communication skills and interpersonal, particularly related to multicultural
relationships, and ability to present effectively to management teams.
* Strong understanding of H&S legislation applicable to offshore operations.
* Experience of managing interfaces of multidisciplinary teams spread across multiple locations.
* Advanced user of Microsoft office applications.