Finance Business Partner
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is looking to hire someone who possesses a strong ability to influence and drive business while ensuring the project stays on track with budget and forecasting. This person will have high visibility with the business while supporting each project with financial analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the minimum operating controls for finance are implemented and monitored within the business portfolio.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency in application of The Way.
- Review budget and forecast backlog for the business portfolio and provides information supporting long range planning activities
- Work with Financial controller team to reconcile the designated balance sheet accounts on a timely basis
- Work with PA manager to ensure project accounting responsibility of all projects and joint ventures, including compliance with revenue and profit recognition policies
- Interprets and presents secured and prospects/proposals backlog to business portfolio management, comparing budget/forecast to actual, including weekly KPI's, key business drivers and trends, business development activities and market conditions.
- Ensure day to day finance business partnership is provided to the business portfolio manager and representative of Finance function to the operations
- Provides financial advice and commercial support to operations; actively participates in an operations management to deliver operational objectives.
- Involved in the development and regular review of business and operational plans for the business portfolio backlog.
- Drives best in class cash management around DSO and WIP (collections efficiency and invoicing efficiency)
- Stewards ongoing cash forecasting; upholds strong, visible credit risk management in the business portfolio
- Monitors weekly WIP/AR reports and engages business for resolutions of disputes and timely collection of outstanding accounts
- Business portfolio cash dashboard completion
- Develops processes that enable the business to effectively maximize gross margin.
- 5- 10 years significant financial experience in either the industry or directly for a E&C or EPC services provider
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Familiar with ERP and BI environments, specifically Oracle and Hyperion.
- Exceptional technical and analytical accounting skills, specifically in the areas or financial modeling, analysis and reporting
- Extensive budgeting and forecasting experience
- Experience as a business partner to operational teams across the business; has provided commercial support and analysis related to ongoing or potential business activities and contract negotiations
- Experience leading and supervising finance teams
- Engineering, consulting and construction project experience.
- Good understanding of relevant legislation and internal and external compliance requirements
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance