The Company & Benefits
Woodside are Australia's largest independent dedicated oil and gas company who aims to be carbon neutral by 2050. Join Woodside's Finance function and support a range of accounting activities. You will work closely with various finance teams through delivery of timely and accurate accounting transactions.
- The global energy company who are proudly Australian with a spirit of innovation and determination
- On-site gymnasium including yoga & pilates classes
- Meditation, relaxation & prayer rooms
- Local & easily contactable in-house payroll team
On behalf of Woodside, we seek a Fixed Asset Accountant to support general accounting practices for their fixed assets. This position is full time, Monday-Friday (standard metro hours) and is a 6 month contract role based in the Perth CBD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Fixed Asset team. Key responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Major and minor project capitalisation
- Asset transfers / retirements
- Accounting reserves update for depreciation of offshore assets
- Useful life review for depreciation of onshore assets
- Expenditure disclosures for quarterly ASX and year-end annual report including movement analysis
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will be a strong communicator, have a positive attitude and an improvement mindset.
- Accounting professional (Bachelor of Business or equivalent)
- 2 to 3 years experience as a fixed asset accountant
- Knowledge of SAP would be highly regarded
- Sound understanding of the Exploration and Production (E&P) life cycle would be highly regarded
- Understanding of SOX Compliance will be highly regarded.
Please Note: Candidates will require current and unrestricted Australian work rights to be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at this time. Submissions close 7th June, 2023.
About Us, Energy Resourcing
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organisation, with clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our Clients across Australia and New Zealand.Apply Now