Finance Manager (FP&A Manager)
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is currently recruiting for an ambitious Finance Manager who will will manage the delivery of world-class business performance management, budgeting and reporting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare consolidated financial reports for the Region for monthly Actuals, Quarterly Forecasts and Annual Budgets.
- Prepare, review and distribute weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analysis to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyses and interprets results including Actuals, Forecasts and Budgets including comparing budget/forecast to actual, KPI's, key business drivers and trends, overheads, business development activities and market conditions.
- Ensure the necessary review and pressure testing of presented information for budgets, forecast, monthly and weekly information, is conducted before issuing to the necessary stakeholders.
- Monitoring of Overhead budget for functional areas including detailed variance analysis as well as a view on forward risks and opportunities
- Develop and implement effective reporting and analysis to improve understanding of actual and forecast performance to drive future financial performance.
- Development of timelines and processes to meet global deadlines and expectations as set by Corporate finance.
- Maintain high quality of presentation, clarification, and accuracy with all information disseminated
- Ad-hoc business analysis as required
- Maintain an effective internal control framework to highlight and manage risk by providing an independent assessment of the health of the business
- Assist Finance Director with rollout and implementation of consistent and unified reporting across the businesses
- Leverage common system platforms, e.g. Hyperion and Oracle
- Be a custodian of finance systems and data
- Be a Finance super user and be a first point of contact on system related issues
- Day to day finance business partner to various department budget owners and act as a representative of the Finance function to department managers.
- Manages processes that enable the business to effectively manage its costs. Identifies and implements specific cost reductions and/or leakages.
- Identify effective overhead and working capital reporting/analysis to drive productivity
- 7+ years' significant financial experience, majority of this in role as Financial Manager;
- Diploma in Accounting or 4-year Bachelor's degree in Commerce or Business.
- Professional Accounting designation.
- Familiar with ERP and BI environments, specifically Oracle.
- Hyperion Super User; able to understand business logic/rules.
- Proficient use of the most common Microsoft applications including intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel to download and analyse data (pivot tables etc)
- Expert technical and analytical accounting skills, specifically in the areas of financial modeling and reporting.
- Must have either public practice or publicly traded company experience - both would be preferable.
- Expert technical understanding of GAAP; maintains the highest professional ethics and standards.
- Communicates and operates effectively between Location, Region and Corporate demonstrating cross organizational collaboration in order to achieve the correct balance between differing reporting requirements
- Works effectively in a global, multi-cultural team in a remote/virtual environment.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance