Field Structural Engineer II - LNG Brownfield Project / Karratha / 2:1 FIFO roster
- Enjoy a varied & challenging role
- Take advantage of our global on-line learning platform!
- Work as part of a collaborative and inclusive team
- Grow your career with a leading EPCM
We have an opportunity for enthusiastic and technical proficient field engineers to join our construction team that support execution projects that forms part of a Brownfield Life Extension portfolio of works.
- Reporting to the lead field engineer, you will be the Civil/ Structural Field Focal point and contact for offsite design team pre-RFI work scopes for Major Refurbishment (MR) Projects and the External Corrosion (EC) Portfolio.
- provide liaison with home office engineering team for the resolution
- Review and sign off on Lift Plans
- Site review of civil installations (e.g pre-cast inspection)
- Review inspection findings, assess fitness for service and recommend refurbishment solutions
- Review and site approval of as-built documents (Underground Services)
- Interface with contractor on technical queries and provide technical response. Submit site queries to the home office for approval to make changes to design.
- Submit and monitor Technical Deviation Requisition Queries (TDRQs)
- Designated field focal point for resolution of Contractor Engineering queries.
- Liaise with facility engineers and technical authorities
- Manage Inspection and Engineering data
- Quality checks between SOW and execution job cards
- Provide progress status reports to management - graphs, statistics, data analysis, reporting, etc.
- Sign off on Red Line Mark Ups and As-Builts as Site Approver as required.
- Create and resolve site queries.
- Develop and manage Site Actioned Engineering Deliverables
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering degree
- 5 years plus experience in structural engineering design in brownfield mining and/or oil & gas industry
- Previous experienced with performing site inspections will be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Maintain a safe working environment and manage personal Safety and Environmental performance.
- Be familiar with construction work, job start meetings, permit procedures and statutory requirements.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Good working experience in an operating LNG Plant or Refinery
- Knowledge in structural Metallurgy/Welding, Corrosion and NDT.
- Familiar with using Australian design codes including AS3600, AS4100, AS1170
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and 3D Model viewers.