Energy Resourcing is an engineering & staffing services provider operating on four continents in the oil, gas, power, renewable energy, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for challenging national and international projects for our technology-leading clients.
During your career at Energy Resourcing you will become part of our family and take on exciting projects with various well-known clients in the field of technology and engineering. The combination of client environment, further training and responsibility will allow you a rapid individual learning curve and a continuous career development according to your ideas.
We are recruiting for one of our customers and are looking for you in a permanent position as Field Applications Engineer (m/w/d)
About the Role
We are seeking a Field Applications Engineer based in Germany to be a member of our customers’ technical sales team responsible for pre-sales technical support, installer ramp with their new battery technology and new product field deployments.
The German office is in Freiburg im Breisgau. Depending upon your location we anticipate this role will be home office based, with customer and site visits three to four days per week and occasional visits to Freiburg and other locations to meet with colleagues.
- Support the Sales Organization with battery and PV technical expertise and deep product knowledge
- Provide clear Customer Technical Requirements feedback to Product Management and Product Development Teams
- Develop and deliver documentation such as: design guides, line diagrams, standard bills of materials, technical briefs, best practices, and training
- Provide onsite and remote commissioning training and support for install partners for PV and battery storage systems
- Engage in specialized system design support activities
- Support new product launches and introductions
- Execute customer-facing New Product Introduction (NPI) field activities
- Coordinate and execute field testing and feedback collection for new hardware and software
- Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support and Field Services to deliver a best-in-class Customer Support Experience
- 3+ years PV industry experience
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience
- Electrician with relevant local electrical qualifications/licenses preferred
- Fluent German (C2 level) and professional level English (B2 level) languages is essential for the role
- Practical and hands-on experience and expertise with distributed PV, battery storage and energy management applications
- Experience in the use and implementation of inverters/converters, DC & AC systems and component interconnection methods between PV and energy storage systems and the grid including advanced grid functions
- Hands-on expertise in troubleshooting electrical systems and data networks using tools such as multi-meters, power quality analyzers, data acquisition etc.
- Strong knowledge of local electrical and system regulatory codes and best practice for PV and battery storage installations
- Experience working remotely with strong self-management and interpersonal skills and proven record of establishing and maintaining working relationships with customers, peers, and managers
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, domestically and at times internationally as needed
We offer an above-average remuneration package. If you have any questions, please contact Tim Jürling at Tim.Juerling(at)EnergyResourcing.com We are looking forward to meeting you!
We are always looking for the most talented specialists for our clients at various locations in Germany and abroad. Create your profile on our project platform – ION 4.0 and find projects according to your demands.