External Reporting & Investor Relations Manager
Location: Metairie, LA
We are recruiting for a client in the Petrochemical Industry looking to add an External Reporting & Investor Relations Manager to the finance team. Our client is looking for an experienced technical accountant who is responsible for all financial reporting on a GAAP basis, non-GAAP basis, and management reporting basis of presentation to CFO, CEO, and investors. This person will be in charge of quarterly investor calls as well as audits and month end. This role requires long hours and some weekends to ensure deliverables are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate across the finance organization to meet deliverables by demonstrating influence, as well as strong teamwork, thought leadership and project management
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills, results orientation and a sense of urgency and accountability for their work.
- With respect to our financial reporting environment:
- Partner closely with the Finance and IT leaders as the thought leader in the development and maintenance of an effective control environment over financial
- reporting and analysis as well as the achievement of the Finance organization's overall goals.
- Proactively identify and address accounting and reporting requirements, in collaboration with both finance and business partners
- Understand, assess, strategize about and recommend improvements to processes, procedures and tools with the objective of improving integrity, efficiency, and sustainability of our financial reporting environment. That strategy will likely require a near-term solution (improving/replacing existing excel environment) while developing a longer-term solution (BI tool as well as ERP replacement design and implementation which this role would be a key team member of)
- Implement recommended solutions.
- The significant outcomes of this work include creating a single source of the truth and creating democratization of financial information that results in
- necessary information being easily accessible by others whose work requires anchoring to that democratized truth, including GAAP and Non-GAAP financials.
- With respect to Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reporting responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly GAAP basis financials and related Non-GAAP disclosures and quarterly FCCR calculation as part of our reporting covenants under our asset-back loan
- Prepare quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings
- As needed, prepare and issue form 8-K communications for material events
- With respect to investor relations/ratings agencies responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the quarterly earnings call process with the CEO and CFO
- Prepare the earnings presentation materials
- Prepare and manage the earnings script in collaboration with the CEO and CFO
- Coordinate and execute quarterly calls with S&P and Moody's ratings agencies
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement preparation experience, including GAAP basis and Non-GAAP basis. SEC reporting experience preferred but not required. Can supplement with third party experts.
- Excellent analytical skills, desire to get into the details, to be curious to understand what's behind the numbers as an independent thinker and assessor of the accuracy of the financial statements.
- At least 7 years management experience with a strong track record of developing and advancing accounting and finance staff.
- CPA required and public accounting experience required.
- Advanced degree or master's degree in business preferred.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with minimum of 15 years of accounting and finance experience.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance