Location: Atlanta, GA (or Remote)
Our client needs to hire an Estimating Manager to manage a small team of three quickly. This role is opened due to increased business demands in small to large power construction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for consistently implementing management systems and practices, which includes the authority to assume or assign duties and responsibilities explicitly depicted in the descriptions of other position titles (e.g., Senior Estimator and Estimator).
* Accountable for the satisfaction of customers, quality of estimates, the competitiveness of estimates and the estimated financial performance of assigned projects.
* Responsible for supporting business development and the ongoing development of the company’s capability to compete in the marketplace.
* Finalize pricing estimates.
* Develop strong subcontractor/supplier/customer/designer relationships.
* On-the-job training of estimators assigned to projects; serve as Estimating Team Leader.
* Manage and direct Senior Estimators, Estimators and others assigned to the estimating department.
* Responsible for the overall direction and management of these employees.
* Work closely with Senior Estimators to identify and develop management skills.
* Interview and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; oversee professional development, performance improvement and progressive discipline of employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
* Work closely with Bonding Agent to ensure proposal bond requirements are met.
* Manage and maintain SOX compliance.
* Ten plus years (including two years management) required
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related technical field required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
* Advanced knowledge of all construction elements
* Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
* Ability to attain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
* Capable of analyzing, interpreting, and comparing detailed and often inadequately defined information, and make reliable and accurate conclusions based on this knowledge
* Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and database applications
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance