Location: Convent, LA
The Environmental Engineer is a technical resource responsible for supporting all aspects of plant operations in order to safely produce the highest quality direct reduced iron (DRI) at the lowest cost, with the highest productivity levels for the most profitable use in EAF operations within the company. The Environmental Engineer reports to the Environmental Compliance Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking, monitoring, calculating, and reporting environmental compliance activities.
- Engineering solutions for improved environmental compliance and efficiency.
- Designing, facilitating, managing projects leading to increased environmental compliance, and determining best practices for environmental compliance.
- Training members of the team, including contractors and vendors, on environmental regulations, permits, and compliance.
- Performing self-audits of the division to identify environmental compliance improvements.
- Experience with Title V and or LPDES/NPDES permitting (new or modifications) within industry.
- Experience in air pollution control, water treatment operations, hazardous waste, and radiation.
- Experience as a technical resource for state and federal regulations.
- Experience communicating and resolving problems with permits, compliance, and operations.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- 4-year degree in Science or Engineering discipline.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free