Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for an Environmental and Consents Manager to join their client's project delivery team permanently.
This role offers a flexible hybrid working model with time working from the client's Stokesley office balanced with home working.
The Environmental and Consents Manager will lead and oversee all environmental and regulatory aspects of our offshore projects, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, permits, and consents. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, you will contribute to the sustainable development of the offshore energy sector while minimizing environmental impacts.
- Ensure the team are aware of consent requirements about their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure subcontractors are given relevant information regarding their responsibilities.
- Deliver consent induction and familiarisation for new staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure any issues concerning consent are notified to the employer's designated offshore consents managers and environmental manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Environmental incidents and investigations are completed by relevant regulations and the employers' requirements.
- Working with the employer's designated offshore consents managers and environmental managers to ensure that audit findings are closed out promptly.
- Expert and ultimately responsible for consents with, where applicable, support from specialists (archaeology, ecology, UXO, etc.)
- Implement the consent requirements, associated plans, reports, and notifications.
- Address risks if and when consents are not complied with
- Implement, adhere to, and manage the Environmental Management Plan for the carrying out and completion of the works.
- Degree in environmental/sustainability discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Membership or chartered status of a relevant professional institute is desirable.
- Experience working in Offshore Wind or other offshore industries (e.g., Oil & Gas) or onshore energy infrastructure projects would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and issues.
- Understanding of ISO Management Systems ie, ISO 14001, 14004 and 14004 legal requirements and best practice.
- NEBOSH Certified Environmental Officer is desirable to champion environmental and sustainability improvements.
- Willingness to travel (inter)nationally to project locations, offshore vessels, and Netherlands office.