Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for an Offshore Wind Engineering Manager on behalf of our global energy leader. This role is offered permanently, working from our client's Bristol office.
The successful candidate will be working with other talented minds and technical experts on the concept, FEED, and detailed design of major offshore wind assets, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades.
- Good understanding and experience in structural design and analysis for all types of offshore structures, both fixed platforms, and floating design.
- Assume lead roles in the technical delivery of work packages.
- Involved in developing the capability of a team of engineers.
- Provision of efficient, high-quality structural engineering.
- Provision of advice, leadership, and support to colleagues at all levels to help solve technical engineering problems.
- Present work to clients through reports and presentations.
- Comfortable working on and leading a range of structural engineering design and analysis projects, either with local colleagues or working as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team located across different offices.
- Deliver high-quality technical work, ensure compliance with relevant codes and standards as well as internal best practice procedures, and contribute to the continual development of the design approach and methodology.
- Strive to integrate innovative tools and practices when delivering projects to drive value for both clients and the business.
- With excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills, you will be able to build relationships effectively and assist in winning work from new and existing clients.
- Comfortable at leading tasks, you are keen to support, mentor and develop the capability of the team. You are also a motivator and take personal responsibility for achieving the best from the team to ensure client satisfaction. You are comfortable and adaptable to working in new and changing environments. You have good attention to detail and can make sound judgements under pressure.
You have a strong background in offshore structural engineering with the following minimum qualifications:
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural, naval architecture or similar.
- Chartered Engineer with a recognised engineering institution.
You will also have a range of the following desirable experience:
- Have solid experience in the offshore consultancy industry including demonstrable experience in the Offshore Wind Sector or similar offshore environment.
- Offshore Substation Platform experience would be an advantage.
- Direct experience in managing engineering design teams for offshore works.
- Direct experience in managing engineering projects to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Experience across the whole of the front-end engineering process.
- Experience in managing remote teams, working as part of multi-company partnerships and managing supply chains.
- Experience in engaging with clients and other stakeholders involved in the lifecycle of an Offshore Wind asset.
- Ability to integrate new and emerging technology, tools and practises within project delivery to drive efficiencies and added value for the business.