Position: 12M Contract Role
Location: Houston, TX
Duties and Responsibilities:
The BP TAR Team requests support from GWIS to provide competent mechanical engineering support for the 2022 NK TAR. This resource will be the focal point for all mechanical related engineering questions and queries following the EPC processes and reviews. Knowledge of BP piping specifications and processes is preferred. Listed below is a list of areas that will require support:
* Valve Specifications – This resource would be responsible for specifying the correct replacement valves for the event. This would include temperature and pressure ratings, correct metallurgical reviews, and installation guidance. The scope could include actuator replacements that meet bp specifications.
* Work Pack Reviews – This resource will be responsible for reviewing work packs to insure proper material selection (studs, nuts, gaskets, valves, etc…) according to current bp specifications. Experience with the VM database is preferred but can be managed during the review process.
* Technical Scope Reviews – This resource would be the central focus for all planning queries and questions. This resource would be expected to field and respond to questions from the planners/work pack writers that meet bp specifications. Additionally, this resource may have to interact with the GWIS Engineering Team regarding specific projects and/or support.
* MOC Development – This resource will research the background information and generate the required documentation for MOCs, following the bp processes. Facilitation of HAZOPS, Risk Assessments, and Deviations may be required to progress the required MOCs. Follow-up with key stakeholders and bp reviewers may also be required. Experience with the bp MOC process and MOC program is preferred.
* Project Close Out – This resource would be responsible for closing out the project, including weight report reviews, MOCs actions, and general close out items.
The final CTR should include the applicable management costs to support the 2022 NK TAR. All engineering and quality accountabilities will rest with the EPC Team.
Additional Job Duties:
· Performs conventional and moderately complex engineering, design, analysis or other technical tasks utilizing current technology and available standards, templates and cataloged products with minimal supervision.
· Creates original designs and products. May perform in a technical leadership role supervising, coordinating and directing others in the production of customer-focused products and services that meet established project requirements.
· Implements the Company Procedures Manual while seeking improvements to work process and design approaches.
· Department Operations – May assist or be responsible for department operations activities such as: Encourage project team knowledge of and compliance with department guidelines and company procedures.
· Assist in Identifying project or department issues and forward to department management team. Attempt to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and client issues before elevating to department management team.
· Review/forward expense claims to department management.
· BS or MS in related field or applicable discipline, typically an engineering degree; or equivalent experience if allowed by law. Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures. Generally, 3-5 years of experience in field with BS, or 1-3 years of experience in field with MS; EIT or relevant professional registration preferred.
· Participates in plan implementation. Independently works through individual projects and/or plays key role in broader projects. Relies on systemic thinking and understanding of broader organizational implications of the work being performed to solve problems.
· Computer proficiency required; Proficient with engineering software applications; Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities somewhat important.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are critical.
· Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
· Willingness to travel or to accept field assignments preferred. Willingness to engage in professional associations preferred. Ability to work effectively in teams.