Electrical Reliability Engineer
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for implementing and sustaining the overall reliability program for electrical assets in the plant. The Reliability Engineer establishes baseline asset strategies; monitors and measures asset performance; measures the effectiveness of asset strategies; and continually improves strategies to ensure the safe and reliable operation while meeting business requirements. Apply the foundational elements of reliability and understands how they interact. Employ reliability principles to monitor, measure, and assess asset performance.
- Proactively identify asset opportunities to reduce cost and maximize availability, while operating safely and meeting business requirements.
- Develop and sustain asset strategies. Strategies must utilize the FMEA and RCM approaches and have credible failure modes with technically feasible and relevant mitigating actions.
- Work with the Maintenance Program Planner to review and interpret equipment strategies and to validate the actions and recommendations are integrated into effective maintenance programs.
- Responsible for ensuring asset performance and strategy effectiveness measurements are fully integrated into asset strategies and maintenance programs, that they are fully implemented, and data is effectively captured and reported.
- Ensures Condition Monitoring plans are updated and active as required by the asset strategy, and that an adequate condition-monitoring plan is in place for all required assets. This includes defining the condition monitoring limits, data trending and analysis, identifying functional failures. When a pending failure is identified, the Reliability Engineer is responsible to intervene by maintenance notification, operations intervention, or other acceptable means.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization with statistical analysis, trending of failures, asset performance monitoring, cost analysis, work order history, and feedback from maintenance and operations.
- Responsible for developing and stewarding a reliability improvement plan. Reliability improvements will consider data from equipment history trends, PM Checklist findings, maintenance and planner feedback on program maintenance, inspection reports, incident learnings, technical alerts, reliability analytics, lifecycle analysis, audit findings, program improvements and Bad Actors.
- Determine the appropriate materials strategy, which may include updates to material masters, bills of materials, inventory levels and material master use cases.
- Monitor and measure key metrics and provide stewardship reporting to metrics on a monthly basis. This includes accurate and timely reporting, interpreting results, and identifying reliability improvement opportunities.
- Support in ensuring reliability critical work is integrated into outage and turnaround work as per the turnaround management guide.
- Participate in risk assessments such as HazOps, PHA, PSSR, as a subject matter expert. The Reliability Engineer shall also provide input into CFT Risk Registry as required. Support CFTs to take a risk-based approach to managing reliability improvement opportunities for their respective areas using this companies Risk Assessment guidelines.
- Lead or participate in reliability related formal investigations of RRI/II incidents as per this companies standards as well as leading investigations for more complex Reliability owned/related RRIII/RRIV incidents. Ensure timely close out of investigations and corrective actions.
- Support the 'Journey to Zero' safety program by ensuring that all engineered solutions are safely implemented.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance