Location: Saskatoon, SK
We have a wonderful opportunity to help identify an Electrical Engineer for one of our clients. This client is passionate about offering solutions to their clients as a world class Engineering Consultancy company.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for preparation of industrial electrical, control and instrumentation designs, and related documents. Other duties include project engineering, preparation of procurement specifications and test plans, vendor document reviews, construction support and participating in the commissioning of systems, off and on site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement power studies, and prepare electrical engineering and design for industrial plants and processes including medium & low voltage power distribution, motor control centers, power and control schemes, single line diagrams, process control systems, PLC and HMIs, instrumentation, equipment and cable tray layouts, cable schedules, cable and conduit routings, grounding and lighting layouts
- Able to complete projects on time and within budget
- Ensure that engineering design specifications are as per contract
- Interact with project managers, suppliers, clients and contractors
- Troubleshoot electrical and I&C issues
- Provide support to contractors during construction and commissioning
- Review vendor drawings
- Write project proposals
- Conduct meetings with clients and contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Saskatchewan is required. Registration in other provinces are an asset;
- A thorough understanding of power related studies (Load Flow, Power Factor Correction, Protective
- Device Coordination, Short Circuit, Arc Flash, and Ground Grid, as a minimum) is an asset
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an industrial design, plant and/or construction environment
- Proficient in engineering software applications such as database tools, AutoCAD, EasyPower and/or ETAP
- Knowledge of all electrical and controls design areas including high voltage substations, e-houses, utility interfaces, power distribution, system studies, electrical services, control systems, variable frequency drives, PLC, DCS, HMI systems
- Thorough understanding of Canadian codes and standards, governing regulations and industry practices
- Project engineering and/or consulting engineering experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of NEC is an asset
- Proposal writing experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven leadership skills and ability to collaborate with team members and interface with clients in a multi-disciplined environment
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance