About the Role
Our client, a global market leading engineering organisation, is seeking for an experienced Electrical Engineer/Functional Safety Engineer to join their Perth team. This role will be supporting a wide variety of resources industry projects, and is a great opportunity to join a supportive team within a market leading organisation. The role has an initial 12-month contract on offer with a view to potentially transition into a permanent role.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop functional safety control system design and implementation deliverables, including functional and integrity requirement specifications, control system architectures, I/O lists, communication block diagrams, technical specifications, scopes of work, application software, safety lifecycle documentation, and test documentation.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team, and closely together with various clients.
- Participate actively in HAZOPs, LOPAs and risk assessments.
- Facilitate and run a Functional Safety workshops
- Drive the pace and efficiency in the delivery of project safety I&C design and execution deliverables.
- Interface with vendors to ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Attend panel factory acceptance testing and vendor integration testing.
- Provide support to construction and on-site commissioning at various mine site locations
- Promote Safety in Design.
- Support Project Managers and designated Project Executives in risk management, project delivery, HSEC, quality and service.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree and certification in Functional Safety.
- Experience in project-based electrical safety systems in design and execution phases.
- Proven experience in functional safety within mining and resources industry
- Knowledge of IEC 62061, IEC 61508 or IEC 61511 standards during front-end design and design execution.
- Experience developing safety lifecycle documentation, such as hardware and software requirements and design specifications, and test documentation.
- Experience with probabilistic calculations, gathering and application of failure rate data.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team.
- Proven successful delivery of EI&C system projects.
- Strong electrical design experience.
- Experience with multidisciplinary design interfaces such as process, I&C or mechanical.
About Energy Resourcing Australia
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organisation, with Clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our Clients across Australia and New Zealand.
Benefits of being an Energy Resourcing Contractor:
- A flexible approach to Payroll where Contractors can trade as PAYG Individual, Pty Ltd Company or Family/Discretionary Trusts
- Flexible pay cycles where Contractors can elect to be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis
- Locally based In-house Payroll team who are easily contactable for queries or assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contractor Care Program (including regular contact, Contractor functions and merchandise)
- Placement assistance at the end of a contract.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Anu Marttinen on +61 8 9420 7527 or email@example.com