Electrical Engineer - Reduction Maintenance
Location: Kitimat, BC
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the Reduction Maintenance Department for a global mining company . You will be collaborating with Operations by providing technical expertise and support in the areas of maintenance, reliability, engineering, field execution/supervision and projects.
This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with technical expertise to gain an understanding of the entire operation. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent and working 5 days per week, 8 hours per day, you will be
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing design and operational tasks for job hazard analysis, performing risk assessments, and acting as a technical resource for safe work procedures.
- Performing root cause analysis and defect eliminations to improve the reliability of the area's equipment.
- Managing reliability improvement projects performed internally.
- Applying asset management best practices and drive improvement initiatives
- Maintain and improve preventive and predictive maintenance program
- Responding and provide technical assistance to maintainers regarding electrical equipment problems.
- Representing the area for projects performed by engineering group.
- Technical support for equipment including low voltage power distribution, PLC's, and VFD's.
- Note: No Fly-in-fly-out arrangements available.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A strong safety mindset and ability to follow safe work procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance and asset management of processing plant, pulp and paper, or similar industry.
- Leadership and good communication skills
- Bachelor's Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent required
- Eligibility to register with APEGBC, P. Eng. designation preferred
- Work cooperatively in small team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptation
- Understanding BI and maximizing value principles
- Experience with CMMS programs such as SAP
- Proficiency in English
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance