Our Engineering client is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their Perth based team.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive and deliver safe and sustainable electrical engineering design for brownfield upgrade projects.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Engineering design for onshore HV & LV infrastructure including brownfield interfaces.
- Electrical calculations required for design
- Preparing design drawings including SLDs, schematics, terminations ad general arrangements.
- Preparing ITPs, MTOs, datasheets, specifications, methodologies, procurement and construction scope of works.
- Interfacing with other peers, seniors, engineering disciplines and Workshare team to complete engineering design and ensure delivery of high-quality deliverables.
- Power systems modelling for the purpose of power system analysis of brownfield upgrades, as-building data, protection setting coordination and arc flash analysis.
- Ensure that the change management process is proactively managed.
- Manages own time & ensure work completed within target budget & schedule
- Where required, prepare or assist in the preparation of project documentation such as budgets, estimates, forecasts, schedules, and reports.
- Prepare documentation for and participate in project design reviews, HAZIDs/HAZOPs and safety in design workshops as required.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate and innovative solutions. Ask for assistance if required.
- Highly effective self-management skills including the ability to plan, set goals, manage time, set priorities, be accountable and deliver within schedule and budget.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- Strong analytical report writing skills with clear, structured and concise communication. Proven skills in developing technical reports, scope of work, specifications, plans, technical memorandums and technical queries.
What you will bring
- A recognised Bachelor qualification in the relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years brownfield sustaining capital projects in the Oil and Gas industry (essential).
- Experience across all phases of engineering projects from order of magnitude, feasibility/conceptual studies through to detailed design and execution (highly preferable)
- Hazardous Area Accreditation (highly preferable)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status (beneficial)
- Functional Safety Accreditation (preferable)
- Equipment inspections, witnessing FATs, SATs
- Site experience such as scoping solutions, condition assessments, punch listing, construction and commissioning (preferable)