Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting an Electrical Designer to join our client's Darlington project delivery team on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a large engineering company that offers LNG terminals, storage projects, ethylene and ethane facilities, front-end projects, and revalidation of tank storage systems for the oil and gas, refining, and petrochemical industry.
- Ensure that all aspects of the design works are carried out diligently and professionally.
- Take advantage of all opportunities to improve technical knowledge and skills.
- To liaise with other discipline designers to ensure all interfaces are adequately covered.
- Production of Drawings, Schedules, and MTOs.
- Production of Schematics and Termination diagrams.
- Production of Design Documents and Detail/General arrangement drawings associated with Lighting Schemes, Lightning & Earthing Protection Schemes, and Cathodic Protection Schemes.
- Carry out design activities using appropriate computer software programmes as required.
- Production of Electrical control systems and vendor package equipment interface wiring requirements.
- Production of Area Classification Plans associated with Hazardous Areas.
- Production of Cable Routing Drawings and associated installation details.
- Production of Power Distribution Single Line Diagrams, Substation general arrangements, and associated cable entry/layout details.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Take reasonable steps to protect the health and safety of yourself and other people, and comply with fire and health and safety policies at all times.
- Promote the principles of the Company's Equality and Diversity policy, treat people with courtesy, respect, and consideration, and conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties which are requested by management.
- ONC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- A good basic knowledge, based on previous experience, of codes, standards, and accepted working practices concerning Electrical Design, within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries.
- A good appreciation of established Electrical Design within the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industries.
- In-depth experience as an Electrical Designer within the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industries including Hazardous Areas (ATEX), Cryogenic materials handling, and storage.
- Experience working with overseas clients and external design houses.
- Experience working on projects as an Electrical Designer.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (all versions), Microsoft Windows (all versions), and AutoCAD (all versions).
- Experience with SmartPlant (SPI).