Electrical Controls Engineer
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
The Electrical Controls Engineer position is a hands-on position within the Controls Engineering group. The primary responsibility of the position is improving the technical support for all process control and data acquisition systems. In addition, a controls engineer is expected to increase the volume and speed of project work that the Controls Engineering Group is involved in.
- Will develop and improve process equipment control systems according to NEC and NFPA safety standards
- Will program and configure PLC, HMI, motor controls, Robots, industrial networks and other process control equipment for production machinery. CAD documentation will be part of this requirement
- Will plan and support the installation of process equipment modifications including the management of schedules and costs, track equipment downtime and occurrence frequency, and develop preventative/predictive programs to improve performance
- Will provide management with daily active reports. Prepare and present project status reports as required. Provide training and support for production supervisors and operators on process changes resulting from control projects. Follow the standard file structure for backup program and documents setup by the automation peer group. Insure that only one program is in the active file folder and it is the program currently running on the equipment
- Will perform root cause analysis of recurring problems and identify permanent solutions to eliminate failures using all diagnostic tools available to investigate systemic issues and develop corrective actions for process related concerns
- Will monitor all development work by industrial electrical workers. Must insist electrical workers assigned to your projects and use safe work practices
- Will maintain and troubleshoot process control equipment. Provide support to the process control technicians. Be available by phone for after shift support including help desk rotation. Respond promptly and courteously to after hour callers. If necessary come into the plant to address problems
- Will focus on continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and identify and implement new ideas
- Will confer with equipment manufacturers, floor technicians, software engineers and continuous process improvement staff and management regarding data collection, product improvement, manufacturing capabilities and project status
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Mechanical, Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering from an Accredited College or University or an Associates Degree in Electronics or Industrial Electrical technologies from an accredited institution with a minimum of 8 years Electrical Projects experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Robotics training and experience is a plus.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance