Duration of Contract: 24 Months
The Completions Electrical Lead is responsible for the coordination, planning, and execution of all electrical commissioning activities. The Incumbent will follow the Completions strategy to deliver a seamless facility testing, commissioning and start up process that focuses on the end user (i.e. the Operator). The Completions Electrical Lead is responsible for accepting electrical systems into service, ensuring all pre and post energization checks are completed utilizing the approved test records. He will coordinate vendors in the testing and tuning of equipment, load shedding, and other electrical systems as required. The incumbent will execute the electrical commissioning plan to the overall procedure and instruct commissioning crews and or subcontractor for the necessary action while maintaining the highest vigilance for Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- Implementation of the Project safety management systems during the planning and execution of Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Startup project phases, adapting them to the specific needs and any unique risks.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of a detailed execution plan for energized testing activities, including schedule and budget fully integrated with the project schedule and budget including:
- System and sub-system scoping
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures
- System testing procedures
- FAT coordination
- SAT coordination
- Commissioning Raw materials, intermediates and spares list
- Risk Management (system specific) and mitigations
- Ensure compliance with engineering procedures, International codes, standards & approved codes of practice
- Review & approval of all Commissioning electrical engineering documents created by the contractor
- Input to the Completions Management Systems (CMS) including review & approval of project specific ITR’s. (Check Sheets)
- Provide input into project plans and schedules, the achievement of the agreed schedule.
- Develop Electrical Commissioning personnel mobilization Plan.
- Promote safety and environmental awareness through inductions, training, inspection, and promotions.
- Assist in investigation all incidents/accidents and near misses and present reports accordingly.
- Monitor the Contractor’s electrical equipment installation, pre-commissioning, and Commissioning activities and ensure these are executed in accordance with the project HSE, technical specifications, quality standards and procedures defined in the contracts.
- Monitor material and equipment delivery and ensure storage, preservation, and maintenance are performed and recorded, in line with vendor requirements.
- Review and comment on the Contractor’s documents on electrical equipment including method statements, ITPs, work procedures and practices.
- Prepare relevant electrical equipment/system commissioning/energization and testing procedures.
- Ensure that the electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are properly organized, scheduled and conducted in a structured and safe manner, to test and certify that the installed equipment/systems, comply with the agreed performance parameters indicated in the design documents and specifications.
- Responsible for the electrical Commissioning team and to oversee training, competency, supervision, and de-mobilization of personnel
- Responsible for the safe and timely execution of all Commissioning activities and integration of these activities with both Project and Operations
- Proactive in the promotion of HSSE at the site, supporting the Client Management Team and Client HSSE
- Responsible for the coordination of vendor representatives required during Commissioning
- Responsible for the development and communication of the requirements and timing for electrical materials, resources and external services for Commissioning and ensures these requirements are secured.
- Report daily progress and work scope completion ensuring all issues, identified risks and concerns are clearly communicated and addressed
- Leads daily execution kick-off meetings and toolbox talks.
- Cooperate and support the CSU Operations team in the execution of Commissioning & Start-up activities