Our operator oil & gas client is seeking a Drilling Superintendent to be working in their Perth city office on an initial 24 months contract.
About the Role:
To provide leadership to an integrated operations team during the preparation and operational phases of a drilling & completions activity. The position is responsible for managing daily operations for a specific rig string through an integrated team of company functions and contracted service providers. The role aims to efficiently deliver the well objectives and to champion operational performance while emphasising the critical importance of process and personal safety.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sustain an operational and safety performance culture, leading by example and through coaching others
- Provide well barrier assurance throughout the preparation and execution of the well programme and through defined barrier acceptance criteria
- Implement processes to verify that the drilling contractor’s controls for Major Accident Events are in place
- Implement processes to verify the implementation of the company’s statutory obligations as defined through the Vessel Safety Case or equivalent document
- Guide the operational team in response to any rig site incidents and provide coaching in investigation techniques
- Support the drilling contractor with implementation of the rig’s environmental management system
Skills & Experience:
- BSc / HND in Engineering or equivalent.
- 15 years all round drilling and completions experience, 8-10 years of which has been related to floating rig operations, and a minimum of 3-5 years in an offshore well site management role.
- Drilling and / or completions engineering skills are preferred
- Skilled in well control operations including current accredited certificate of Well control competency (e.g. IWCF).
For more information, please contact Edmund Liu at +61 408 961 288