Contract to Hire
Location: Houston, TX
Energy Resourcing is looking for a Document Controller that will be assigned as the Lead for the project and the main interface between project personnel and client for any document control issues. This position requires that all project documentation is accurately logged, managed and issued via the Electronic Document Management System. It is imperative that each project has an accurate database containing each revision of all documents/drawings issued on a project and capturing all necessary meta-data for each record including every document that is issued to each Company throughout the life of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, logs either manually or electronically, then copies and distributes, various engineering documents.
- Assigned to medium to small projects, for example simple cycle, combined cycle or owner's engineer.
- Maintains established files of drawings and correspondence.
- May prepare documents for microfilming.
- Logs and routes interdiscipline checks and supplier data.
- Update manuals and catalogs for the assigned project.
- Create and maintain distribution matrices. Receive, log and distribute all vendor documents according to distribution matrix.
- Log and distribute drawings for squad check.
- Plot, scan and distribute documentation.
- Interface with project personnel and clients.
Upload and download documentation from client systems.
- High School or Vocational School diploma preferred plus 2-4 years experience or applicable technical training or degree
- Intermediate level responsible for performing semi-routine work activities with regular supervision.
- Familiar with basic concepts in related field and a basic understanding of other technical functions in related field.
- Able to complete tasks in accordance with project procedures and applicable codes and/or standards. Able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with immediate supervisor and other project personnel.
- Increased proficiency with applicable software applications in related field.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail important.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English is important.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance