Director Business Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Our client is recruiting for an ambitious Director of Business Development person to spearhead their sales team to build and rebrand their sales approach to existing and new clients. My client is looking for someone who enjoys digging into the data, researching market trends to identify how the team can better serve their customers from a strategic perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales team, develop quarterly and annual business development plan including sales targets, revenue metrics and customer insight data; meet agreed upon targets, and promote the company’s presence through Western Canada and beyond
- Provide expertise and advice to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) including: Forecasts for each service line and geographical area (based on historical data, market trends, competitor activity, promotional strategy, and sales effort)
- Quarterly updates on Revenue, Forecast and Sales Team performance at Quarterly Business Review meetings
- Manage the sales function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advise senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service is a priority and can expand and grow
- Obtain profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, mentoring, skills development, company service knowledge development and regular discussions
- Educate sales team by establishing programs in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging services, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts
- Accurately forecast annual Sales Team revenue streams
- Perform sales activities on major accounts and negotiate sales price and discounts
- Maintain existing client relationships and sales, as applicable
- Provide monthly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity
- Collaborate with the VP, ESG & Strategy to establish and control budgets for sales promotional events and trade show expenses
- Provide input to and development of key MSA, MSSA and bid documents with customers
- Formulate all sales policies, practices, and procedures
- Ensure that all sales representative activities are in accordance with the guidelines of Company and Client Procedures, Guidelines, and any Regulatory Requirements
- Position requires extensive experience in a Sales/BD role (various industries is acceptable); requiring the completion of an undergraduate degree is required – preferably in Business, Commerce or Marketing.
- Requires 10 to 15 years of experience in the energy sector, BD and/or Sales roles.
- Doer through-and-through. ‘Rolls up sleeves’ to get things done, while maintaining a strategic approach.
- Understands that success is only measured by results and thrives in a performance culture.
- Strategic thinker.
- Challenge the status quo to generate excellent results.
- A natural ability to coach, nurture and develop staff to build momentum across a team.
- Team player who contributes to team discussions. Able to lead and follow as required.
- Highly communicative with Branch Managers and Service Managers and collaborates effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel throughout North America, as required.
- Ability to carry out appropriate document controls and procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance