About the Role:
Do you have a passion for leading technical teams, Application Security (AppSec) and igniting that same passion in others? Do you have a passion for Cloud Technologies, DevOps principles, ‘pushing left’ and building tools that make other software engineers faster and more secure? As DevSecOps Manager you get to combine all of these passions in making a real difference to help us achieve our mission of ‘Secure, Reliable, Valuable Software at Speed’. The salary is between $170,000 and $180,000/year + superannuation + benefits.
Reporting directly to the Software Engineering & Integration Manager you have the unique opportunity of owning and implementing AppSec and DevSecOps initiatives from within the Software Engineering department enabling you to directly implement changes to processes, technology and culture from the inside, working hand-in-hand with Software Engineers. Your team will be key ambassadors for secure coding and everything AppSec, while raising up other AppSec champions around you through building a passion and interest for security in others. You will also work closely with the cyber security department to advise on matters of AppSec and DevSecOps and ensure both teams priorities are aligned.
This role will balanced between giving Software Engineers autonomy and consistent standards to follow and have built a world class foundation of tools that are heavily adopted by our Software Engineers that give them a fast path to deploy quickly and securely. You will be the owner of this foundation and tasked with leading a team to extend it and mature it, making decisions on technology and defining the road map for the future.
You will use your passion and experience in leading highly technical people to guide a team of dedicated AppSec and Full Stack Software and enable them to build secure, reliable and valuable software at speed building an ecosystem based on four pillars;
- Data Driven: Enabling software engineering teams with data for them to use to continuously improve #DevOpsNeverStops
- Educate and Uplift Capability: Influence and build passions and interests in others for security, reliability, quality and DevOps
- Automate: Build tools, automate process, implement patterns, define fast paths to make the process of building secure and reliable software fast
- Innovate and Research: Make sure we keep our controls, education and processes for security, reliability and quality on trend with new Software Engineering tools, approaches and threats
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead strategy, budgeting, planning and defining product road maps
- Create, iterate, and optimise internal tooling, leveraging cloud native technologies, to allow software engineering teams across Woodside to build secure and reliable software while moving fast and remaining agile
- Lead by working collaboratively with your team and others, sharing knowledge and expertise
- Instil and foster uptake of DevSecOps practices through meaningful engagement with software engineers across Digital
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in program delivery and leading teams and influencing key stakeholders
- A ‘head for the numbers’ to drive a data driven approach and make pragmatic decisions
- Experience in one or more areas of Application Security; red team, pen testing, etc
- Experience in secure code promotion and education programs and processes and tools
- Experience working alongside software engineers with a knowledge of their typical hopes and fears and the tools they use