Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Development Engineer Process Technology Sustainable Energy located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
The ambition of our client is to make clean, affordable and sustainable energy available to everyone on this planet. To achieve this, we are developing ways to convert sustainable energy carriers into others, such as hydrogen. To convert green ammonia into hydrogen or directly into energy on a global scale, we use state-of-the-art technologies and cooperate with leading partners in their areas of expertise.
To realize our ambitions in sustainable energy, we have set up a new Process Technology department. This department develops and optimizes processes and is the centre of process technology expertise within client. The team consist of innovative engineers who design, develop, realize and improve processes and installations that convert sustainable energy. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams on new products (from development to commissioning) that meet the needs of our international customers. In addition, you will support process-technological issues within our current product lines.As Development Engineer Process Technology, you are the subject matter expert in development, design, configuration, analysis and optimization of process technology . Together with the Development Lead Process Technology and the other process development engineers, you form the core of the developments in the sustainable process technology and energy. With your process knowledge, innovation orientation and drive, you will make a major contribution to achieving our goal of converting green ammonia into hydrogen and energy on a global scale.
The Process Technology department and the position of Development Engineer Process Technology is new within our organization. Together with the Development Lead Process Technology you shape the following tasks and positioning within client.
- Supporting other departments by providing technical input in the form of mass and energy balance, process simulations, etc.
- Conceiving, developing and improving process designs and process equipment.
- Combining multiple process principles to achieve process performance.
- Analysing and assessing theoretical and practical limitations, implications and opportunities.
- Optimizing processes and operating conditions to achieve the best performance.
- Translating process design into equipment requirements and designs. You will establish conditions and guidelines.
- Participate in and collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Taking care that team members are correctly and timely informed of design objectives and constraints, design parameters and process configurations.
- Acting as a knowledge base and trainer in the field of process technology for the equipment to be developed.
- You have a PhD, EngD (PDEng) or MSc in Chemistry, Process Engineering or similar discipline.
- You have 2 to 5 years of hands-on experience in process development or process engineering.
- You have experience in using Aspen Plus and Aspen Custom Modeller.
- You have a talent for innovation and development in a technical environment. You like to use your innovative spirit, curiosity and creativity for the development of sustainable energy and to inspire others.
- You get energy from participating in (innovation) projects and achieving results and goals.
- You are skilled in reporting methods and information processing.
- You have excellent skills in the English language and the Dutch language (or willing to learn).