Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Deputy Construction Manager to be working on their end client's greenfield iron ore project (with some brownfield scope of work too). Scopes of work include the construction of a new run of mine (RoM) pad, overland conveying circuit and modifications to the Coarse Ore Stockpile (COS), primary crushing facility, and downstream conveying system. This is a FIFO rostered role (2x1) on an initial 12 months contract.
- Identify and assist in recruitment of project resources.
- Develop and maintain a familiarity and appreciation of capability and ongoing workload of Construction support providers / contractors; ·
- Manage a multi-disciplined team of Supervisors.
- Ensure compliance to the project construction quality requirements.
- Ensuring the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project.
- Monitoring and appraising construction work for conformance with engineering drawings, Design Specifications, Owner's standards, Contract Coordination Procedures and applicable codes.
- Verifying that plans, designs, materials purchased and equipment conform to specifications.
- Oversee allocation of appropriate resources to construction team and proposals to ensure sufficient and capable expertise and a balanced workload;
- Provide support, advice and direction for Projects within the construction portfolio.
- Identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
- Demonstrate command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule.
- Provide high level coordination, liaison and communication with internal and external stakeholders to enable the Project and Portfolio works to occur.
- Build good working relationships with all stakeholders and be a facilitator of success for the contractors that are being managed on and off-site.
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience working for an EPCM/Owner's team managing contractors and sub-contractors.
- Degree in Construction related field or equivalent knowledge with adequate years of cognate experience in the construction of large mining projects.
- A proven track record of managing projects and project portfolios.