Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for Decommissioning Health & Safety Advisor
will report to the Decommissioning HSE & Regulatory Lead. The Decommissioning Health & Safety Advisor will provide advice, investigation support and intervention, and proactively share learnings from other assets, organisations and regulatory bodies to drive best practice from a production operation perspective.
The Decommissioning Health & Safety Advisor shall provide a full portfolio of services including, but not limited to:
- Provide general support and advice to the Decommissioning Directorate leadership team and the onshore and offshore teams ensuring that activities comply with requirements and meet recommended standards including behavioural.
- Proactively assist the Decommissioning Directorate leadership team with discharging their Health & Safety accountabilities.
- Interface with regulatory bodies as part of the inspection programs or during ‘with cause’ engagements e.g. reportable events.
- Monitor incident/ near miss data for their asset and provide advice to any accident and incident investigations up to and including the investigation team.
- Provide ongoing assurance of all incidents, near misses, audits and Inspections to ensure progress and close out is suitable and Conduct regular engagements to assess the quality of these elements and drive appropriate record keeping for future reference.
- Review Lessons Learned, Safety Alerts, Industry Alerts and outcomes from work by their peers to ensure that their assigned site seize opportunities to learn and improve, eliminating the potential for recurrence.
- Engagement with Functional Groups within to provide assistance or solicit advice / support for the operation. Lead/Participate in risk reviews, supporting Decommissioning in risk management processes.
- Co-ordinate input to and maintenance of Decommissioning related documents & Safety Cases where applicable.
- Maintain communication with contractors HSE Advisors where appropriate, attending engagements and ensuring that requirements on compliance and behaviours are being met.
- In the event of an emergency, carry out such duties as identified in the ER procedures or as directed.
- Undertake routine visits offshore, and audit and support the offshore efforts as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- A collaborative style with an ability to build relationships and coach others in behavioural and compliance requirements.
- Strong, demonstrable analytical skills and an effective decision maker able to demonstrate a proactive approach, with good time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated team player with ability and desire to take responsibility and drive workloads to effective resolution.
- Strong communicator (written/verbal) and comfortable dealing with & presenting to different levels in the organisation.
- Work proactively, seeking sustainable solutions to challenges which may arise and share them across the business.
- Ability to recognise blockers and inefficiencies, develop improvement opportunities, challenge the status quo and influence others, enabling change and continual improvement.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent, or considerable technical experience in a similar role.
- Member of IOSH, IIRSM or relevant equivalent body.
- Environment qualification desirable (e.g. Associate membership of Institute Environmental Management and Assessment)
- Previous experience as a site based HSE Advisor or Coach in the oil and gas industry desirable.
- Understanding of UK regulatory regime from a Health, Safety and Environmental perspective.
- Working knowledge of offshore including oil & gas processing, water treatment, utilities, logistics/marine and drilling/well operations.
- Strong appreciation of both Major Accident Hazards (Causation and Prevention) and Environmental Consequence.
- Experience and understanding of risk assessment techniques, permit to work processes and other key integration processes, which contribute to safe working practices.
- OIM Legislation course (or suitable alternative) desirable.
- Basic/Further Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET/FOET)