Position: Contract- 2-3 months
Location: North Slope, Alaska
The position is located on the North Slope of Alaska, for the duration of the project, about 8-12 weeks, working 7, 11.5-12 hr days a week. Relocation assistance to Alaska is not provided, however transportation between Anchorage and Prudhoe Bay is provided. Room and meals provided while in Prudhoe Bay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate various equipment consisting of Grove cranes, and perhaps a lattice crawler
- Moves hand levers, adjusts hand wheels and depresses pedals to drive machines and control attachments such as swing booms
- Pre-check and inspect all equipment before operation, which includes checking the oil, fuel, general and visual inspection of the entire chassis (depending on the type of each equipment being operated) windshield, all mirrors, blade, tracks, wheel rims, thumping each tire and lug nuts, oil levels within wheel wells, and checking (while in operation) all moving parts such as handles, levers, and steering wheels
- Check equipment operation log to see when vehicle was last maintained, such as oil change and lube jobs and make pre-operation notations in it pertaining to operating the designated piece of equipment that day
- Notify foremen of recognized faulty equipment and red-tag it so that it will be unsafe to operate, until it is repaired and declared safe to operate by the mechanic
- Attend training sessions and toolbox equipment/safety meetings required by organization
- Ensure that crane has annual certification.
- Lift 40 lbs (e.g., shackles) from floor to knuckles x2.
- Lift 40 lbs (e.g., shackles) from floor to shoulders x2.
- Carry 40 lbs for 100 feet (e.g., shackles).
- Special Test: Vision – Must have good depth perception.
- Shovel 5 minutes self-paced and continuous *(See shoveling test instructions at end of this document).
- Stairs: Must be able to climb up and down 12 steps x 10. Provide one minute rest after every 2 repetitions of 12 steps (i.e., after climbing up and down 24 steps).
- Vertical Ladder: Climb up and down vertical ladders 5 rungs x 3.
- Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 5, self-paced, but continuous.
- Repetitive Kneel Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 5 each knee.
- Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5.
- Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively.
- Current class A CDL required
- 2 years experience, Swing Cab certified required, NCCCO , Lattice preferred
- 2 years, Oilfield or refinery experience preferred
- Alaskan Residents are preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized components in various kinds of machinery
- Knowledge of the functional operation, purpose, capabilities and limitations of any piece of equipment qualified to operate
- Knowledge of safe equipment operations and maintenance of equipment
- Skills in operating boom trucks and hydraulic cranes
- Ability to read and understand the results and what each gauge signifies on each piece of equipment being operated
- Ability to read, interpret or use capacity charts, rigging diagrams and common hand signals
- Ability to demonstrate the safe accessories within the range of each piece of equipment operated
- Must be able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance