Cost & Schedule Analyst 18-144
Cost & Schedule Analyst
1 Year Contract
- Develop and implement specified protocols to be employed in planning work and the preparation of schedules e.g. Work Breakdown Structures, Resource Breakdown Structures, Critical Path Method, Resource Leveling, Cost Flows, Budgeting, procedures and the like. Attempt to ensure compliance with respect to application of same.
- Update, monitor and analyze specified areas of cost and schedule performance. Identify performance variances regarding actual versus planned results. Identify significant risks to achieving planned results. Recommend corrective actions to better align planned and actual results. Produce required reports and related information, e.g., predictive reporting, statistical reports, progress reports, etc.
- Develop Department-specific procedures, instructions, guidelines, that facilitate the two-way flow of cost and schedule information.
- Develop and maintain reports relating cost and schedule performance to the plan.
- Advise and assist Division staff such as, Line Managers, project managers and project engineers, etc. with regards to avoiding and resolving cost and scheduling problems
- Review and coordinate related work received from consultants and contractors. Identify deviations from the plan/schedule, and take/recommend action.
- As directed by the Manager, review planning and control-related techniques, tools, processes and new technology developments for potential application.
- Development Integrated Darlington Refurbishment schedules
- Requires a knowledge of engineering principles and concepts, probability and statistics, industrial management, industrial processes, management information systems, economics and accounting practices to understand and assess numerous interdependencies of engineering, resource acquisition, installation, commissioning and operating a Thermal/Nuclear/Hydro power generation facility.
- Requires a good knowledge of English, both oral and written, to facilitate effective communications with others.
- Requires a four year university education in engineer, construction, business admin, or computer science or the equivalent level of education
- Requires experience in P6 Primavera, Excel, Access, and advanced programming skills in VBA, SQL, and JAVA.
- PMP would be an assett
**Must currently reside in Canada, must – at minimum – currently hold Canadian work permit or work visa
**Must be willing to operate as an Independent Contractor