Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for x2 Cost Engineer's to join their client's project delivery team based in Teesside on a 12 month basis.
The project based in Whitby is a new polyhalite fertiliser mine being developed in the North East of England. It will set new standards for sustainable mining while helping to boost food production and sustainable farming practices. The Project is re-imagining mining to improve people's lives.
- To support the senior and lead cost engineer with preparation of the TIC cost reports for allocated work packages.
- Manage the budget, expenditure and forecasting of allocated work packages or vendor costs.
- Understand the spend profile for subcontractor costs.
- Collate, review and verify Subcontractor progress claims.
- Be able to explain all expenditure and fore-casted expenditure for allocated scopes of work.
- Report any deviations to the planned expenditure to the lead cost engineer.
- Manage and analyse project variations.
- HNC or relevant experience.
- Previous cost experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agree standards, systems, processes to meet the project and Client requirements.
- Capable of proposing improvements/developments of systems and processes.
- Capable of identifying and providing input to Cost related improvement initiatives.
- Capable of managing a coordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner.
- Sound IT skills, familiar with Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel etc.