Controls Systems Engineer
Location: Lima, Ohio
We are searching for a Controls Systems Engineer to join our client's team! This role would be responsible for the management of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), the Distributive Control System (DCS) and instrumentation to proactively promote process safety initiatives. This is a full-time, onsite role located at a local chemical plant.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience maintaining and further developing SIS systems and assisting on new automation projects, instrument upgrades, troubleshooting/repair and maintaining instruments and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support for the site's Process Safety Management (PSM) program.
- Leads and/or participates in safety reviews, Layers of Protection (LOPA) reviews/Calibrated Risk Graph, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), SIS Studies, and incident investigations.
- Proficient in SIS system design and management requirements for the life cycle of equipment including concept, design, implementation, operation, and maintenance as required by IEC 61511/ISA 84.
- Participates in site review of LOPA scenarios and development of SIF designs and implementation of required upgrades.
- Develops SIS documentation for instrumented IPLs. Performs and oversees the completion of IPL verifications as required.
- Provides and assists with troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatic and electronic controls, instruments, and equipment.
- Continuously initiates ways to improve plant operations, safety and environmental performance through day-to-day activities and recommendations for optimized system maintenance.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Engineering and 5+ years of operations/process control experience in the chemical industry, or 10+ years of experience in Process Control Engineering.
- IEC 61511/ISA 84 working knowledge
- CFSP or CFSE certification is a plus
- Industrial control system DCS and PLC configuration experience preferred
- Process Hazard and Layer of Protection Analysis experience
- Root Cause Failure Analysis
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance