Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining, and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager (German Speaker), located in one our client's office (The Hague or Cologne).
This position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities tied to this role. In coordination with Project- and Construction Management and the Customer team, the Contracts Manager develops the bid/award negotiation strategy for the project and assures compliance with all regulations and contract terms and conditions.
The Contracts Manager may report to the team leader a senior Contracts Manager (depending job size), and will perform the following activities/tasks:
- Formulates contracting strategy for individual contracts.
- Performs resource survey and contract risk assessment, issue report of findings.
- Develops project specific master documents.
- Assesses resource needs; prepare manpower and indirect estimates, develop and manage budgets for individual contracts.
- Reviews and approves award recommendations from a contractual and commercial aspect.
- Travels to and/or resides at site location(s) to oversee contract operations.
- Analyse situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options and recommend / implement appropriate course of action.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards
- Understands and have thorough knowledge of the principles governing the business terms and conditions of contracts being negotiated; and shall provide support or lead the negotiations where so needed.
- Hands-on involvement in the preparation and/or provide assistance with pre-award contracting activities such as preparing the ITB, approaching the market, evaluating pricing, drafting contracts for e.g. civil works, structural steel works, piping & mechanical and electrical/instrumentation works but also for "special" cases such as supply & erect equipment contracts, multi-discipline construction contracts, unusual scopes, etc.
- Prepares and reviews Inquiry Packages (e.g. Construction Contract SoW Description, Scoping Sheets, Unit Rate Descriptions, and related drawings and specifications) prior release to the market. This also includes a review of the inquire package on clarity / completeness / consistency, with a focus on interfaces & responsibilities and "who does what".
- Identifies, solicits, and selects reliable contractors to supply consultant, speciality, and construction services to support the project execution.
- Coordinates and supports the development of the final Contract.
- Closely collaborates with the appointed Customer representatives on how to successfully manage the award and administration of contracts.
- Successfully manages contract changes post-award through close-out.
- Analyse and respond to contractor correspondence in such a manner to not eviscerate Customer's rights and remedies under the contract.
- Involved in developing claims defence strategies and engaging Legal resources as required to implement such strategies.
- Monitors contractor performance and delivery of services to meet objectives.
- Provides agreed approvals and supporting documentation for payment of invoices to ensure required services to our client and its Customers.
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and 10+ years of work-related experience i.e. contract management, subcontract administration and procurement experience supporting engineering and construction projects.
- Experience developing and negotiating contract terms and conditions specifically for contracts related to services, construction, engineering, materials and equipment installation.
- Strong understanding of contacting principles and legal terms and conditions.
- Experience in formulating strategies for individual contacts.
- Experience in work change and claims evaluation and negotiation.
- Self-starter who can work with limited guidance.
- Effective communication skills with audiences that include but are not limited to management, co-workers, Customers, vendors, contactors, and other stakeholders.
- Fluent written, reading and spoken English; fluent reading and spoken German; and ability to communicate in Dutch, while not a must, but good to have.
- Ability to attend to detail, without getting lost in detail, and work in a time conscious and time-effective manner
- Structured & accurate
- Multidiscipline and therefore able to understand people and deliverables from all disciplines involved and thus able to look beyond discipline boundaries.
- Understanding of practical implementation issues (constructability, sequencing of the work etc.).
- Proven track record in preparation of SoW's and related deliverables, compiling of Service Agreements and Construction Contract Packages
- Advanced MS-Word and MS-Excel skills.
- A strong pro-active team player with enthusiasm & drive.
Join us now!
If you have any questions, Arnold Bos will be happy to help you at arnold.bos(at)energyresourcing.com. We look forward to your application!Apply Now