Would you like to work for an organisation that values sustainability, and is striving to build one of the world's largest renewables projects?
A company who continually seeks to drive innovation, and is committed to championing diversity, equality and inclusion?
Our client is an ASX listed Minerals organisation who in the early stages of construction for their renewables project which when complete will be one of the largest internationally.
About the Role
In this key role, the Contracts Manager will be involved in developing, implementing and executing develop, implement and execute Contracting and Procurement strategies, processes and systems to effectively manage risk, budget and delivery of the project.
- Develop and execute project contracting management strategy, plans and associated processes for the Project during the early works, construction and operations phase in consultation with the project and legal teams;
- Effectively manage project commercial and schedule risks through the contracting strategy;
- Provide input on technical risks associated with the preparation and evaluation of tenders;
- Develop and manage the tender and prequalification process to ensure commercial decision- making supports company standards for each key business unit (Health, Safety & Environment Standards (HSE));
- Award and manage contracts in compliance with contracting strategy and governance practices;
- Assist with post award contract management including claims management, variations, extension of time, delay and disruption claims and working with the legal and project teams to resolve claims.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified or relevant industry experience working within Greenfield projects and operational entities;
- Experience in EPC, EPCM, D&C, ECI contracts in a project context;
- Experience in projects from feasibility stage through to developing and executing contract strategy, preparation of tenders, contract negotiation and award and contract management and contract close out;
- Extensive contract management experience at a strategic management level within the resource sector including experience negotiating managing variations, disputes and claims;
- Experience in defining, developing and implementing contracting and procurement strategies and processes for Greenfield projects in the resources industry;
- Previous experience and ability to lead, mentor and manage project teams.
Benefits to you:
- A supportive work environment where innovation is inspired, and new ideas are encouraged.
- Opportunity to work on the construction, execution and delivery of what will be one of Australia's largest renewables projects.
- Join an organisation with Sustainability as a pillar of their core values, and a progressive ESG policy.
- Work on the Project Owner's Team with a group of collaborative professionals.
Please click the link to apply for the role. Also for a confidential discussion you can contact Tracey Cushway +61 (0)426 886 579 or Brendan Fernandez +61 (0) 407 181 977 to discuss further.Apply Now