Construction Manager – downstream petrochemical FEED
Role Outline/Responsibilities To coordinate and manage all Project construction related activities in FEED and ensure construction standards are implemented with EPC contractors to ensure that construction projects are achieved safely, on time and budget and the required construction services are delivered to client’s requirements.
Key Accountabilities of Position:
* Understand and implement Life Saving Rules to ensure everyone goes home safely every day.
Whilst on a project, develop and implement construction practices, standards and planning processes for the project and provide direction and advice on construction matters.
* Ensure adherence to construction work in accordance with the Project Execution Plan.
* Prepare management plans for construction execution, safety, environmental factors.
* Work closely with Industrial Relations function to ensure adherence to, and keep up to date with, relevant policies and processes.
* Lead risk reviews for the construction element of all projects.
* Participate in all FEED and EPC reviews such as Constructability, Modularisation and Construction Risk Assessments.
* From a PMC perspective, ensure safe and efficient EPC Contractor execution of the construction portion of project plans through:
* detailed planning and day-to-day direction of field activities.
* preparation and planning of resources for a project.
* forecasting of costs.
* Provide leadership and direction to relevant EPC multi-discipline site teams.
* Plan and coordinate project Advanced Work Packaging system.
* Establish, authorise and implement projects plans and strategy during FEED and monitoring of EPC contractors, including:
* construction planning, programming and completion schedules.
* construction strategies, methods, resources.
* material and equipment requirements.
* Modularisation and logistics requirements.
* Control project expectations for labour, equipment, material and services and ensure field operations are within budget.
* Co-ordinate Industrial Relations activities.
* Manage any scope, cost, time and schedule changes to a project. Support compilation/verification of change note content as required.
* Establish construction facilities and temporary requirements for execution of construction activities.
* Involvement in EPC contractor selection and recommend actions for all major subcontract variations.
* Be able to delegate to field staff and maintain supervision of functional responsibilities.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and ensure effective communication with various stakeholders including; Project Managers, * Chair Contractors HSSE Monthly Meeting
Petrochemical plant construction from FEED design through to construction and commissionng
* Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools.
* Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software. Standard Competencies Manager
* Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
* Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
* Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
* Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
* Previous experience of FEED and PMC for multi $Billion petrochemical projects.
* Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, including experience in construction management positions and construction management. A thorough understanding of industrial construction environments and proven supervisory experience in multi disciplinary teams.
Approximately, 10 years in similar management roles to include Construction site project / fabrication yards and strategic corporate exposure.
* A recognized degree or trade in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualification/experience.