Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Field Engineer (Mechanical) to be working on their end client’s underground gold mining project (currently in construction phase). This is a FIFO rostered role (2×1) and the initial contract is 12 months.
- Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues
- Conduct inspections, investigations, research and studies on site
- Manage field activities and implement on-site engineering solutions
- Diagnose construction or machinery problems
- Resolve malfunctions or other crises when they arise
- Oversee construction and technical improvements
- Install relevant conrol systems and technologies to manage construction
- Inspect and test material and machinery for safety
- Ensure proper maintenance of onsite equipment
- Supervise and direct onsite crews (e.g. technicians)
- Draft and submit reports
Requirements and Skills:
- Previous experience as a field engineer or similar role
- Well-versed in technical aspects of field projects, including machinery and equipment
- Understanding of safety guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- An analytical mind and strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work in adverse weather and occasional overtime and weekends
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
You should also possess the following:
- Underground mine construction experience i.e., workshops, pumpstations, conveyors and crushing stations, etc.
- Shaft Sinking, equipping and hoisting/winder experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of engineering management systems, processes and tools
- Excellent technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely reports to the company and its clients.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Edmund Liu on 0408 961 288 or email@example.com