On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an Construction Director, located on site in Heide/Hamburg, Germany. The candidate will ideally be German speaking and understand German building regulations.
You will be part of the Factory Program leadership team that will drive the planning, purchasing, construction and commissioning of our new electric battery giga factory in Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project.
- Provides direction and project management related to construction to ensure on-schedule completion within or below budget and in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of customer objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies.
- Typically manages a single minor project within the organization and/or for customers, with daily operational responsibilities which may have global implications;
- Responsible for implementing and administering project and company policies and procedures in order to successfully achieve project objectives; Works with others on the project team to develop technical/functional solutions to strategic project objectives.
- Acts as a key resource regarding area of responsibility; Ability to provide input and solve difficult/specialized technical issues that require an extensive knowledge related to technical/functional project field; Solutions are derived from available resources provided internally and/or externally, including policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the daily administration of project related policies and processes in order for the project up to meet business objectives.
- Assigns project work and gives technical guidance to staff assigned to work on small-to-medium sized projects.
- Reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy. Plans, controls & reports on project work.
- May have direct reports and authority for performance evaluations impacting pay.
- May make recommendations concerning selection, training, rating and discipline of staff.
- University Degree, or equivalent, in related field or applicable discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Typically 10+ years relevant experience including supervisory, project management and/or technical experience.
- Advanced understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field.
- Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues.
- May be involved in the development of new systems, processes and tools.
- Excellent English written and oral skills, German is advantageous