Our operator oil & gas client (Woodside) is seeking a Construction & Commissioning Superintendent to support the Macedon Front End Compression project - they are building a compression unit onshore to maximise hydrocarbon extraction from the Macedon/Pyrenees field as it nears end of life.
The role commences in Perth in Q1, then in March/April moves to a 2x2 FIFO roster to Onslow. Candidate MUST have previous experience with Woodside and be familiar with our processes, procedure and ways of working etc. The duration of the contract is between 12 and 18 months.
This position provides leadership, guidance, governance and coordination for construction, commissioning and start-up activities and focuses on performance, risk, HSE, quality, cost and schedule. Role may provide leadership internally or to contracted partners or service providers.
Accountable to the function and/or line for;
- Delivery / oversight of construction activities performed by the Macedon LPO Construction Contractor, with support from the Construction Support Contractor responsible for the project design:
- Pre-mobilisation preparation and contractor engagement
- Support finalisation of contractor's Management Plans (HSE, Risk, HR, Project Controls)
- Oversight of contractor fabrication and procurement
- Daily management of site based interface between Contractors
- Act on behalf of Company in Completions Management documentation and handover
- Oversight and assurance of permit to work system transitions
- Delivery / oversight of commissioning activities undertaken by the project Commissioning Team, with focus on performance in areas of safely, risk, quality, cost and schedule.
- Where changes must be made to protect cost, schedule or functionality, supporting decision makers with explanation /understanding of the issues involved and the options and trade-offs available for proceeding.
- Trade or Engineering background coupled with extensive Site based Commissioning and supervisory experience.
- Able to work on site in onshore oil and gas industry
- MUST have previous experience working with Woodside assets/projects
- Isolation Authority (optional)
- Completions Management (sign-off check-sheets and CTP procedures)
- Construction and Commissioning HAZIDs
- Project delivery experience encompassing construction and commissioning support for design, contracting / procurement, construction, logistics, commissioning, start up and project controls