Collections/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Position: Contract- 6 months- with possible extension
Location: Houston, TX (work from office)
Our client’s passion is to be a part of the solution to the climate crisis that we are facing and are working diligently to shape a more sustainable future. By understanding the demand for change and what is involved, our client is creating jobs that will help positively drive their mission forward. With this said our client is looking to hire Collections/Accounts Receivable Specialist to join the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assure monthly payments are received by initiating high volume outbound and inbound Collection calls, reviewing A/R discrepancies, and resolving customer service issues.
* Become the Market expert on operations and regulations of Utilities in assigned market, including understanding market rules pertaining to all bill types, switch holds, Utility payout and POR recourse.
* Meet/exceed established metrics for assigned Market portfolio based upon best practices and knowledge base for Utilities within the assigned Market.
* Analyze, track and recommend approvals of drop/disconnection, payment plans and extensions.
* Negotiate payment plans, advances and extensions per established collections procedures.
* Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
* Maintain supporting documentation for audit purposes and to support drop decisions when PUC complaints arise.
* Address escalated customer collections issues received from customer care center in a timely manner.
* Advise remittance group of proper application of payments as needed.
* Collaborate with relevant groups- Sales, Brokers, Legal, Customer Lifecycle Management, etc. to resolve customer disputes.
* Maintain notes of collection activities in billing and collection systems.
* Update and present monthly reports as required by Manager/business.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures
* Carries out other duties as assigned
* 1-3 years High Volume corporate Collections experience
* Commercial collections experience required
* Collection experience in Electricity markets preferred
* Knowledge of Collections procedures for all bill types
* Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel; Power BI preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
* Self-motivated without assistance from Manager
* Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or Business preferred
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance