Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Coatings Specialist to join their client's London project team on a 12 month contract basis.
The successful candidate will be working on a large crude oil pipeline project reviewing and commenting on submitted coating documents, witnessing (and guiding where necessary) procedure and operator qualification tests and providing guidance to coating operators at suppliers and on site.
- Have the skills and knowledge to interpret codes, standards, and other contractual documents regarding the control coating methods used by the company.
- Capable of assuming technical responsibility for the coating facilities and the staff.
- Capable of selecting the method and technique for a specific inspection.
- Prepare and verify the adequacy of procedures in the method certified.
- Approve coating procedures and other coating-related work instructions for technical adequacy in the method in which they are certified
- Audit the current personnel to current customer requirements in coating methods as needed.
- Provide training and guidance to personnel in determining pass/fail criteria.
- Accurate process of paperwork and test results
- Conduct training and guidance for Level I & Level II inspectors
- Verification of product to specification
- Approve and or authorize maintenance methods of inspection tools and equipment
- Ability to read technical drawings and to predict and plan required pipeline and associated infrastructure assurance activities
- Reviews and stays abreast with coating requirements, and updates
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, with co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company
- Responsible for all aspects of coating-related records.
- Ability to follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infectious control standards
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of records and information.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Proficient in the English language
- Must have a basic technical degree/ diploma.
- Experience in a similar industry, preferably in site operations.
- Must meet all criteria and be current in Level III methods within responsibility.
- Current relevant internationally recognised certification (e.g. FROSIO or equivalent) and be able to meet all applicable requirements directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in the relevant standards.
- Has experience preferably in a field that offers a well- rounded background.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, and can effectively use email.
- Pipeline project experience required.
- Extensive and proven experience in pipeline and associated facilities
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
- Excellent communications skills
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Ability to use MS Office (word, excel, Outlook, Power point) competently
- Understanding of Time / Distance planning programs
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
- High level of safety awareness
- Strong communication, networking, collaboration, and well-developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- A full knowledge of project-specific execution strategies, and the ability to develop them to meet challenging project objectives and deliverables.
- An 'Incident Free' mindset, and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires);
- A proven HSSE and QA/QC leadership in managing and delivering large complex onshore oil & gas projects.
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome - from construction, and through to commissioning and handover to operations.
- A high focus on identifying and delivering the identified deliverables, which meet project expectations from a quality and performance perspective, with minimal integration challenges to current operations.
- Excellent teamwork & skills being able to work with the various sub-teams to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of the integrated project team.
- An ability to work effectively in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment, including Interface management experience, within facilities, and across other functions.
- Strong Team Building, Development, and Mentoring skills.