Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Civil Superintendent - to join a world leading Engineering client, for a site based 12 month contract position working in Grangemouth.
- Reports to the Construction Manager.
- Ensures that their discipline related work is carried out in a safe manner by the contractor(s) and that the contractor(s) comply with Project safety procedures.
- Has oversight of the Civil and Structural Steel contractor(s) at site and will review the resource requirements and progress with the contractor(s).
- Ensures that contractor work packs have the correct content, that risk assessments and method statements are appropriate for the works and that the contractor(s) applies for permits in line with control of work requirements.
- Co-ordinates the site construction activities related to their discipline with the contractor(s) and other discipline work in the same area.
- Co-ordinates discipline related construction matters while keeping the Construction manager informed.
- Performs QC surveillance of Civil & Structural Steel Contractor's works.
- Will have oversight of the preparation of system completion documents by Contractor and will support the Systems Completions & Commissioning group in all of their activities.
- Ensures that all Field Design Modifications (FDM's) and Contract Engineering Data Sheets (CED's) are recorded and processed correctly and reviewed
- Ensures that all approved modifications to the Works are recorded on 'as-built' drawings by the Contractor.
- Reviews all drawings, specifications, work instructions, materials and equipment availability applicable to their particular area of work. Ensures that the work programme for their area is carried out in accordance with the overall planning schedule and advise on specific areas where this must be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and materials deliveries.
- Review weekly progress against contractual plan and comment on any measures suggested by Contractor to improve progress.
- Provides timely progress updates to planner/project controls and prepares input to the daily and weekly Construction Report as applicable.
- Maintains a daily site diary and maintains a record of significant events and delays to the works.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum HNC Civil Engineering
- Recent EPC experience in the oil & gas construction sector in a similar site leadership role
- Must have recent experience of civil and structural steel works on brownfield construction projects
- Temporary Works coordinator experience on UK projects is very desirable.
- Minimum SSSTS or equivalent and up to date.